Director: Jocelyn Mac Millan-Pipe, 705-647-3726
Associate: Lori Loach, 647-217-3598
Entries can be sent to Janice Lancaster by Monday, September 12, 2016. Late entries will be accepted. All goats should be in the barn by Thursday, September 15, 2016 by 11:00 a.m., unless arrangements have been made with the director.
$3.00 per exhibitor except for youth classes. A $5 New Liskeard Agricultural Society membership for 2016 is required by every exhibitor.
GENERAL RULES FOR GOAT SHOW
1. ALL ANIMALS SHOWN AT THE NEW LISKEARD FALL FAIR MUST HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE.
2. Two entries per exhibitor per class.
3. The grand and reserve grand goat will be left on display until Saturday at 9:00 p.m. unless space becomes unavailable. If space is available, a display of goats will be left.
4. A veterinarian will probably be on the grounds to check animal health. Their decision is final if an animal should have to be removed.
5. Straw will available by request at a cost of $3.00 per bale. It will have to be ordered on the entry form.
6. If your entries are pre-registered and your animals are in the barn over night you are entitled to one (1) weekend pass. Two or more animals entitle you to two (2) passes. Additional passes may be purchased at a cost of $15.00. Vehicle passes are required at a cost of $20.00 per pass.
7. Please bring your own feed and water pails.
8. PLEASE read Notes to Exhibitors at the beginning of the Fair book.
Prize Money: 1st-$15, 2nd-$13, 3rd-$11, 4th-$9, 5th- $7
1. Senior Showmanship (ages 13-17)
2. Junior Showmanship (12 and under)
3. Billy kid (under 1 yr)
4. Nanny kid (under 1yr)
5. Nanny (1-2yrs)
6. Nanny (over 2yrs)
SPONSORED BY TEMISKAMING LIVESTOCK EXCHANGE
Prize money: 1st-$45, 2nd-$35, and 3rd-$20
7. Meat Kid – Either sex, must have milk teeth (NOT SHOWN IN ANOTHER CLASS) except youth classes
SPONSORED BY DJ’S DYMOND ACRES
Prize Money: 1st-$45, 2nd-$35, 3rd-$20
8. Billy over 1 yr (mature)
Prize Money: For classes 9 to 17
1st-$20, 2nd-$17, 3rd-$12, 4th-$10
9. Billy Kid (under 1yr)
10. Nanny Kid (under 1yr)
11. Nanny (1-2yrs dry)
12. Nanny (2yrs and over dry)
13. Nanny (1-2yrs milking)
14. Nanny (2yrs and over milking)
BEST UDDER: SPONSORED BY DJ’S DYMOND ACRES
Judge will pick the best udder from classes 13 and 14 and the winner of first place (1) from those two classes will receive $50.00.
1st and 2nd from regular classes 8-14
SPONSORED BY GRANT FUELS AND PROPANE
Grand champion will receive 400 litres of dyed diesel.
15. Dam and Daughter – mother and daughter any age.
16. Goat Herd – (meat or dairy) 3 nannies previously shown and a billy.