Sponsored by Temiskaming Cattlemen’s Association
Director: Zachary Garner, 705-622-1371
Associate: Lori Loach, 647-217-3598
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2016 – 10 A.M. – Beef Ring
All exhibitors in Section 4 will receive $25.00 for participation (not per class).
All exhibitors must pay the $5.00 membership fee.
Rosettes 1st to 6th and participation rosettes.
Note: Rosettes & Prize Money will be given out on Show Day.
1. To show in Section 4, you must be a 4H member in your province of residence and must have successfully completed a current 4H Beef Calf project.
2. Each calf must be tagged and registered with CCIA (Canadian Cattle Identifications Agency).
3. The calf is to be certiffied by the respective 4H Club leader as the exhibitor’s 4H project.
4. Each exhibitor may enter only one 4H calf per project. Each exhibitor must show his/her calf in both showmanship and conformation classes.
5. Only 4H members participating in the show can prepare calves on show day; 4H calves must be in the Fair barns by no later than 10:00 a.m. on Friday, September 16, 2016 and must be left on display in the barns, after the show, until at least 6:00 pm on Saturday, September 17, 2016. Any exhibitor removing their exhibit early will forfeit all prize money won.
6. All animals shown at the New Liskeard Fall Fair must have liability insurance.
7. If your livestock entries are pre-registered and you are keeping your livestock in the barn overnight, each exhibitor is entitled to one (1) weekend pass to the Fair for one (1) animal and two (2) weekend passes for two (2) or more animals. Additional passes are available for helpers, workers, etc., at the rate of $15.00. Each vehicle requires a parking pass. It can be purchased at the rate of $20.00 per pass per vehicle. Parking Passes are non-refundable.
Conformation: Based directly on the animal’s conformation. The first two in each class will show in the Champion parade.
1. Junior Heifer – born Jan. 1 to Mar. 31 of the current year.
2. Intermediate Heifer – born Jan. 1 to Mar. 31 of the previous year.
3. Senior Yearling Heifer – born April 1 to Dec. 31 of the previous year.
4. Champion Parade;
- Showmanship: Judging scale: 30% personal appearance, 20% animal appearance, 50% display of animal
- First year members and junior age – 10 to 13 years
- Senior age range – 14 to 21 years
5. Showmanship – Junior.
6. Showmanship – Senior.
7. Championship – first two in each showmanship class return for Grand Showmanship.