Class 10 – Poultry & Small Animals
Director: Lori Loach (647) 217-3598
Associate Direction: Miranda Loach
JUDGING: Thursday, September 15, 2016 – 10:00 a.m.
Attention: New Rules
1. Deadline for entries: Written entries are to be received no later than 10:00 p.m. on September 12, 2016. No entries will be accepted by phone. Entries after this date will not be accepted. Your entries are to be sent either by mail or email to Fair Secretary, Janice Lancaster at Box 1239, New Liskeard, Ontario P0J 1P0. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 705-630-2156.
Please print and have exhibitor’s number and mailing address on entry form.
2. All entries must be on the grounds by 9 p.m. Wed., Sept. 14, 2016. Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions. All entries will now cost $1.00 per entry.
3. Two (2) entries (2 cocks, 2 hens, 2 cockerels, 2 pullets) will be allowed in all classes unless otherwise indicated. Same goes for rabbits (2 bucks, 2 does, 2 juniors). In the class Any Other Variety (Named), each breed entered will be judged individually.
4. At the discretion of the Director, any apparently ill poultry, pigeons, animals, bird, etc. will be removed. All animals may also be inspected by a veterinarian and removed at his/her discretion.
5. All entries must be at least three months old.
6. Exhibits registered can not be replaced by any other exhibits. If you register a hen it cannot be replaced by a pullet or a cock or a cockerel, and so on. If you register three (3) birds you cannot bring in four (4) birds. The same rule also applies for breeds. Once a breed is registered, your entry cannot be changed for a different breed. If your entries are less than what you had registered, please advise the Director two (2) days prior to judging, either by phone, or email.
By working together we can make a good show.
7. All exhibits shall be under the control of the Director.
8. Birds have to be deloused, have spurs (if older bird) and toe-nails trimmed. Birds’ feet should also be cleaned (very important at judging time). The same applies for rabbits in regards to toe-nails. All this should be done at least two (2) weeks prior to the show.
9. Animals must stay on display until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday evening. Exhibitors removing their animals prior to this time will forfeit their prize money won.
10. Any animal entered incorrectly (wrong breed, sex, etc.) is automatically disqualified.
NOTE: The barn will be open from noon to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 for entries.
The Poultry & Small Animal Director will see to the feeding and watering of all animals. Exhibitors preferring to feed their own animals must advise the Director when bringing in entries so that the cages can be marked as such.
Prize Money for Sections in Class 10: $5.00, $4.00, $3.00
Standard Fowl: (A) Cock (B) Hen (C) Cockerel (D) Pullet
1. Rock – Any Variety
2. Rhode Island Red
4. Leghorn – Commercial
12. Utility Meat
13. Utility Bird (Egg Layer Dual Purpose)
14. A.O.V. (Standard Fowl, Named)
(A) COCK (B) HEN (C) COCKEREL (D) PULLET
16. Belgin Bearded D’Uccle
18. Japanese Fantail
19. Rose Comb
20. Old English Game
25. Rock – any variety
26. Rhode Island Red
30. AOV (Bantam Fowl Named)
Ducks: (A) Male (B) Female
34. Calls – Any Variety
35. Indian Runner
37. AOV (Duck Named)
Geese: (A) Male (b) Female
42. AOV (Goose Named)
Pigeons: (A) Cock (b) Hen (c) Young Bird
45. Racing Homer
46. Pouter or Cropper (any variety)
48. Show Homer (Named)
49. Trumpeters (any variety)
50. Modena – Gazzi or Schietti
51. Owls (any variety)
52. Show Kings
53. Tumblers (any variety)
54. Any Other Variety of Pigeon (Named)
55. Doves (Named)
Turkeys: (A) Tom (B) Hen (C) Young Bird
56. Royal Palm
59. Bourbon Red
60. Any Other Variety (Named)
Pheasants: (A) Cock (b) Hen (c) Young Bird
61. Any Variety (Named)
Peacocks: (A) Cock (b) Hen (c) Young Bird
62. Any Variety (Named)
Fancy Breeds of Rabbits
64. Holland Lop
65. Mini Rex
66. Netherland Dwarf
69. AOV (Fancy Rabbit Named)
71. Flemish Giant
72. New Zealand
73. Any Other Variety – Named (no crossbreeds – see meat pen)
74. Meat Pen – Crossbreeds and other – 3 to 6 months, 4 to 5 lbs. 3 from same litter
NOTE: IF YOU ARE PROVIDING OWN FEED, WATERERS, FEED CONTAINERS FOR RABBITS BEING SHOWN PLEASE ADVISE DIRECTOR AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Junior Classes – Age 14 and Under
JUNIOR CLASSES AGE 14 AND UNDER NOTE: Juniors may not enter the same bird or rabbit in the open division.
CLEAN LEG AND FEATHERED LEG (A) COCK (B) HEN (C) YOUNG BIRD
75. Standard Clean Leg
76. Standard Feathered Leg
77. Bantam Clean Leg
78. Bantam Feathered Leg
79. Pigeon Clean Leg
80. Pigeon Feathered Leg
RABBITS (A) BUCK (B) DOE (C) JUNIORS (3 to 6 months)
81. Rabbit (any breed or variety and/or crossbreeds)
GUINEA PIGS (A) BOAR (B) DOE (C) YOUNG PIG
Note: This section is open to all ages. Please provide your own cage, feeding dishes and food for guinea pigs. As guinea pigs
require special food, it is your responsibility to see to their feeding and watering.
82. Short Hair
83. Long Hair
Late entries WILL NOT be accepted