General Rules and Regulations
Note to Exhibitors
All inquiries can be made to the Fair Secretary, Janice Lancaster by calling 705-647-4242 or by writing to P.O. Box 1239, New Liskeard Ontario P0J 1P0. Email: email@example.com, Fax to 705-425-4242.
Exhibit tags are available by making arrangements prior to the fair with the secretary, Janice Lancaster, or can be picked up at the The Match Factory or Chat Noir Books. They will also be available at the fair office (Horne Granite Centre Upstairs Room) on Monday, September 12, 2016 to Thursday, September 15, 2016.
Prize books are available from Directors, The Match Factory, Chat Noir Books, Northern Feed & Supplies, Temiskaming Vet Clinic and Pins & Needles in Haileybury. To offset costs, $2.00 is requested for each book.
1. Double check each section for entry deadlines.
2. All recipients of trophies in 2015 are asked to return the trophies to the Fair Office the week of the Fair, (September 15-17, 2016).
3. The 2015 membership fee of $5.00 is necessary to exhibit at the Fair. This membership allows you to exhibit in any section from Livestock to Home Crafts. THIS MEMBERSHIP DOES NOT GRANT FREE ENTRY INTO THE FAIR GROUNDS.
4. If you earned over $5.00 in 2015, your membership for 2016 will have been taken off your prize money and your 2015 membership card would have been issued with your 2015 prize cheque. If you are not yet a 2016 member your membership card will be issued upon receipt of your $5.00 fee. Anyone entering exhibits without paying the membership fee will be disqualified and any prize money won will be awarded to the exhibitors who placed next in the prize rankings.
5. Seniors, Juniors and School Exhibitors do not pay the $5.00 membership fee UNLESS they also enter any OPEN class or Livestock Class in the Fair – in which case the fee will be charged. If clarification is needed, contact Janice Lancaster or the Section Director.
6. Excluding group and farm classes, an exhibitor’s number will represent one person only and this person will retain the SAME number for as many years as he/she exhibits at the fair.
7. Exhibits cannot be removed from the Horne Granite Centre or the Riverside Place until after 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 18, 2016. The Horne Granite Centre and the Riverside Place will be open on Sunday, September 18, 2016 for the purpose of picking up exhibits. Please Note: The School Exhibits located in the portables can be picked up on Sunday, September 18, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Exhibits not picked up that day will be removed by the Fair Board and destroyed. Exhibitors who cannot pick up their exhibits on Sunday must make alternative arrangements with the Secretary. We do not deliver. The Fair Board is not responsible for any damages or theft that may occur to the exhibits removed by the Board.
8. Prize money earned in 2016 will be distributed at the Awards Banquet scheduled for Friday October 28, 2016 at the Riverside Place. If you cannot attend, your prize money (with membership for 2017 deducted) will be mailed to you AFTER the awards banquet. PLEASE NOTE: You must fill out your full mailing address on your entry forms to ensure your prize money can be mailed to you. No extraordinary measures will be taken to find exhibitors who do not provide contact information.
9. For issues of concern that arise before, during or after the Fair, please address them with the Section Director or contact the Fair Secretary.
10. Only the Director of a Section, in conjunction with the Secretary and the President has the authority to change regulations for a class in that Section.
11. Any complaints regarding judging or classification must be made in writing to the Fair Secretary, c/o New Liskeard Agricultural Society, Box 1239 New Liskeard Ontario P0J 1P0 accompanied by a cheque in the amount of $25.00 within two weeks of the completion of the fair.
12. The Fair Board will not tolerate the harassment of any volunteers or officials. Any proven harassment will result in all or any one of the following: a) ejection from the Fair Grounds; b) suspension of membership; c) permanent ban from exhibiting at the Fair. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
13. Please read any additional rules and regulations for each Section you enter.
14. “Exhibitor Code of Practice”:
• All Animals will be treated with respect, regardless of whether they are for use in
displays or livestock competitions. Mistreatment of animals will not be tolerated.
• The animals for exhibition will be prepared with proper training, fitting and grooming.
• The highest standards of nutrition, health and sanitation will be expected and consistent
with the on-farm schedule. Soiled bedding shall be removed and fresh feed and water
must be provided on a regular basis.
• Untrained individuals should not be allowed to handle livestock.
• Clean, safe transport of animals to and from the Fair must be provided. Care will be
used to minimize stress when loading and unloading animals.
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the Fairgrounds will not be tolerated.
15. Due to liability, no dogs will be allowed on the Fairgrounds except for the Dog Show and service dogs.
16. Limited Parking is available on the Grounds for exhibitors and concessionaires. Parking passes are available at a cost of $20.00 per pass and are non refundable.
17. Handicap parking is available on the grounds. All vehicles must have a handicap sticker and NLAS parking pass to access the fair grounds.
18. All livestock, poultry, small animals and dog show exhibitors must sign a waiver of liability before they can participate in any of the classes being held. Waivers will be provided when exhibitors register at the main office.